The Skagit Democrats have a simple yet comprehensive endorsement process to ensure we certify or endorse only those candidates who support our values. We ask candidates to provide basic background information in the candidate questionnaire (available below).
We schedule interviews with the Endorsement Committee in order to ask specific questions about the candidate’s position statements on key issues.
And finally, we schedule an endorsement meeting for all members of the Skagit Democrats to make the final decisions on endorsements after hearing from the candidates for themselves and the recommendations of the Endorsement Committee.
A timeline for this annual process will be established before the filing date each year.
During election years the Skagit Democrats sets aside funds to support the campaigns of our endorsed Democrats running for office. Endorsed candidates may request financial support by contacting the Party Chair or Endorsement Committee Chair.
To learn more about this process, please see the following documents:
- 2021 Timeline for Endorsement Committee (Link)
- 2020 Request for Certification (Link)
- 2021 General Candidate Questionnaire (Link)
- 2020 Ballot Questionnaire (link)
- 2020 Judicial Questionnaire (link)
- 2021 Requirements for Certification (Link)
- 2021 Requirements for Endorsement (Link)
- 2020 Endorsement Policy (link)